WHAT ELSE CAN A “BUYER’S AGENT” DO FOR YOU THAT A SELLER’S AGENT CAN’T?
1. PROTECT YOUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION! A Sellers’ agent MUST disclose all of your personal information to the seller by NYS law.
2. Show you UNLISTED homes such as “For Sale by Owner” and “Exclusive Listings of Seller Agents”, HUD homes, Treasury Auctions, and other property for sale which may not be on the MLS, such as foreclosures.
3. Prepare Comparative Market Analyses so you can objectively determine how much to offer – ensuring that You don’t overpay (unless you want to).
4. Bring flaws to your attention while viewing a home that you may overlook on your own, I can be objective!
5. NEGOTIATE on “Your” behalf – A Sellers or Dual Agent can only negotiate on the Seller’s behalf. I ensure you get the best possible price!
6. AFFORDABILITY – Make sure you’re not looking at homes that are more expensive than you can afford.
7. AVOID COSTLY MISTAKES – The wrong mortgage can seriously impact your financial future. I can also help you understand the consequences of illegal apartments, how to buy a home for investment, the true rental potential of a home or apartment, and whether you’re buying a hard-to-resell or hard-to-finance home. You could make an offer on a home and find out it lacks comparables – can’t be appraised – and can’t get financing.
WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A HOME WITH A SELLERS’ AGENT?
“(buyers) who used Buyer Brokers saved an average of 9% off of the asking price.”
“Local buyers who went the buyers’ agent route praise the concept and its execution”
“The not only negotiate the best price for purchasers, they also point out potential problems that a sellers’ agent is not obligated to disclose.”
-The New York Times